Florida Community Services Group
James A. Staack
James A. Staack, Esquire is licensed in and for the State of Florida and has practiced in Pinellas County since 1980. In addition to all Florida State courts, Mr. Staack is admitted to practice in the Federal Middle District of Florida and in the Federal 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Staack has been certified by the Florida Bar Board as a Real Estate Specialist since 1991. He is the founder of Staack & Simms, PA and has extensive background in real estate and relative transactional and litigation work, class actions and bank work. He has handled large commercial real estate loan transactions and loan workouts, representing both lenders and borrowers. He litigates in both state and federal court and focuses on complex commercial and consumer litigation.
Mr. Staack has lectured before the Pinellas Real Estate Law Counsel and elsewhere on usury, RICO and zoning matters. He is fluent in German and is a member of the German-American Lawyers Association. Mr. Staack is a former president of the Pinellas County Deaf Services Center and is presently a director and officer of that organization. He also serves on the board of directors of the Tampa Bay Symphony, Inc.
Assisting Mr. Staack with the resident purchases are two paralegals with extensive experience in real estate transactions. They work closely with the participating lenders on loan documents and other necessary paperwork for resident share closings.
For more information about Staack, Simms & Reighard, PLLC law firm, click here.
Areas of Practice
• Real Estate
• Complex Commercial and Consumer Litigation
• Class Actions
• Title Disputes
Certified Legal Specialities
• Real Estate Specialist, Florida Bar Board, 1991
• Florida, 1980
• U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
• U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
• U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
• U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
• Juris Doctor, Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, FL
• BFA, New York University's School of the Arts, New York, NY
• Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota
• Honors: Macalester Athletic Hall of Fame
Honors and Awards
• Martindale Hubble AV rated by peers
Professional Associations and Memberships
• German-Americana Lawyers Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
• Former President of the Pinellas County Deaf Services Center
• Former President of the Hearing Connection of Tampa Bay
• Board of Directors of the Tampa Bay Symphony, Inc.